Keep Your Swim Suit From Fading

To keep your swim suit from fading, go to your local pet store and purchase chlorine remover that you use for aquariums. Not only is it cheaper than purchasing chlorine remover for swim wear, but a little goes a long way and you may use a bucket of dechlorinated water several times before discarding. Also you have more than enough for your whole family to use.

By Debbie from Springboro, OH

What a wonderful thing to learn. I sent this on to my friend in Chicago who lives in a indoor pool area for her disability. I am sure she will be very thankful to learn this tidbit of information - thanks for sharing it with all of us!

How do you do it? Do you wash the swimsuit before hand? Or do you wash it after swimming? So very confused.

Editor's Note: After swimming in a chlorinated pool, put your suits in a bucket of water mixed with the dechlorinator. It will remove the chlorine.

I have lived in Texas and Oklahoma and have always had a pool. I have found by simply soaking our swimsuits in cool water after swimming that will keep the colors fresh. My daughter was on swimteam and at the start of the new season everyone had their old suits on which were navy and black. Hers was the only one that looked like new in fact everyone could not believe it wasn't new.