Dandruff ControlHair Tips

Does Vinegar Damage Hair?

I use vinegar for dandruff. It makes may hair look great but does it strip the natural protection? I don't want my hair and scalp damaged by the sun.

Jill from Seattle, WA

By londa (Guest Post)

I've used it off and on for many years. It did make my hair kind of dry, so now I cut it with one half plain water. For fun sometimes I stick a fresh rosemary twig in it.

The best protection from sun damage is a hat or scarf.

londa

Make sure you are diluting the vinegar. Every article online has a different ratio but aim for about 1 tablespoon vinegar per 1 cup water. Also you dont need to use it every time you shampoo. More like every other time or 2 times a week.I have always used distilled vinegar but most of the sites advocating the 'NO POO' system seem to use apple cider vinegar.

The pH on both are fairly close but perhaps the AC vinegar has other properties. I never have it in the house so I use the distilled.

http://www.ehow  -hair-rinse.html

http://www.appl  are-product.html

NO POO explained:
http://babyslim  .com/174054.html

By OrahLee (Guest Post)

Apple cider vinegar was used in the "olden" times to take the soap residue off your hair. That was also when you needed to brush it a lot to make it shine. HOWEVER, I use (diluted) acv rinse to make the "PH" more compatible with my system. OK, I really don't know what that means, but I've always used it after shampooing, and before I put the conditioner on my hair. I have had long hair past my waist for 35 years.

Recently I hadn't used the vinegar for about 3 years and after running a high fever for about 5 weeks and then recovering, I started to loose about 4 to 5 times the normal amount of hair. This went on for a month or two till I remembered the vinegar. The extra hair-fall stopped almost immediately and I've stuck with it! I'll never again not treat my scalp and hair with the rinse and risk all that work growing my hair. Besides, it does make it shiny!
Protection from the sun? Use a rinse with SPF protection, use a hat, use everything to PROTECT your hair!
Good luck.

PS Look up "long hair" on the web for lots of advise on growing HEALTHY hair--- good for long OR short.