TreesGardening

Santa Rosa Plum Tree Not Blooming

Category Trees

I live in San Diego and planted a dwarf Santa Rosa plum tree in January of this year. I dug the hole quite deep and planted the tree in steer manure, peat moss and gardening soil and also use a drip system.

The tree is alive, but I don't have any leaves or blossoms on it. I also planted tangerine, apricot, lemon, fig, cherry, lime, pear (the puppies brought this one up to us 2 weeks later, so I had to fence each one in) and an orange tree. They are planted in my canyon offset and I regularly baby them.

I bought the plum at Lowe's and it looks the same as the day I bought it! I've gardened for years, but never planted fruit trees. I would really appreciate any help on what's wrong!

Thanks!
Georgette

If its not self pollinating, then you will need 2 of the same tree for successful blooming and fruit.

It can take up to 3 years to see fruit.