Natural Homemade Ant Pest Control

Is there an ant control that I can mix myself?

By chuck from CO

By Marina (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Hi, here's a recipe i use:

10ml Eucalyptus Essential Oil
5ml Rose Essential Oil
5ml Lemongrass Essential Oil
80ml Water

Mix everthing together and shake well before using. You can also replace water with 130ml Virgin Coconut Oil if you plan on applying this to your body.

Best Answer

Somewhere on this site some one recommended Sweet N Low.

Just open a bunch of packets by your ants and watch them eat up. They take it back to the nest and die, somehow.

I'm experimenting right now with powdered meat tenderizer the kind with papain in it. Using it the same way as above, I'm thinking that the papain will destroy their bodies. Gee, I sound grusome!

Good luck. There are so many ideas for your problem on this site, check it out!

Best Answer

About 10% 20 Mule Team Borax in Karo syrup warmed for few seconds, just long enough for it to dissolve. Squirt between cracks or put in places where pets or wildlife will not be able to lick. Workers carry it back to nest and the colony is destroyed. Queen and all. Queens live for up to 20 years and produce lots of other queens for new colonies. This method takes up to a week but is very effective.

Best Answer

I use diatomacaeous earth, which is a natural product. It is not homemade, but it is not harmful to people or pets or wildlife and is not a poison.

It kills them by shredding their exoskeleton. The brand I use is Insectigone Ant Killer. I have only ever used it outdoors. It may take several applications. It is safe for indoors, as well.

I heard Borax and sugar. I don't like to kill stuff, but sometimes they are a nuisance. I have put some sugar outside before, to encourage them to stay outside. Insects are not stupid. I seem to have my house built on a path they like. Certain times of the year, they appear as though traveling to some particular destination. Then, they are gone again. For anyone that is a live and let live "Zen" kinda person, try the sugar or honey, outside and let me know how it works. I had good results, and I feel better not being a killer of lesser life forms because they seem pretty organized to Me!

Ants are a little more sophisticated than that and will turn away at home remedies because they're seldom mixed right. Borax is not an approved insecticide and too many people think they are doing well with its use rather than something tried, true and tested.

It can be dangerous with too much use. Baits are great but you'll be wasting time and money with home made. Be careful.

The most basic precaution you should take is try to keep clean you home.
Avoid any open garbage accumulation in backyard or anywhere in home.
Do not remove spider webs to frequently.
Seal any hole and plumbing leakage ASAP in your home.
Plant as many basil plants as possible in garden.

Does anyone out there know how to make a homemade pest control spray for use in the home and out? Thanks, Alica