Easy Key Lime Pie

Easy to make and so yummy.

• 1 graham cracker pie crust, store bought, or make your own
  • 1 can Key Lime pie filling
  • 1 tub Cool Whip

Directions:

All you need to do is put the Key Lime filling on the graham cracker crust. Top with a generous amount of cool whip. Chill for several hours. See how easy it is and it is so delicious. We made this on vacation one year. It was quick and only takes 3 ingredients.

We also do this with Banana cream pie filling. Its so easy and so good.

Source: This recipe was from my niece, Jeanne.

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

In my opinion, something made from scratch with natural ingredients is always better and healthier. Key Lime pie is simple as it is. One can sweetened condensed milk, four egg yolks, One half cup lime juice. Beat for five minutes and pour into crust. Chill. And please use real whip cream. The ingredients in cool whip are laughable. Not to worry about the raw egg yolks, the acid in the lime juice kills any bacteria. This is the way it is made in the Keys.

Dorothy, I like your idea and having a recipe on hand that is 'quick and easy' to use in a pinch would be nice and there's nothing wrong with doing that once in awhile. I would like to try this in the future on a day where guests might be coming over but might not have the energy or strength to make from scratch because of the nature of my illness. I've never seen canned Key Lime Pie Filling so do you have any suggestions of where to find it so I can purchase and have on hand?

Also, I would be negligent if I didn't correct Lilac about saying the acid in the lime juice kills any egg bacteria. That's simply not true and it's not worth taking the risk of eating and especially for anyone of any age with a compromised immune system. If you want to make the homemade from scratch version Lilac mentions, which does sound delicious, please be sure to use pasteurized eggs.

Thanks for the input ladies. As Deeli said, I use this one days I don't feel well enough for a lot of work, but might need a quick dessert for one reason or another. I know some people don't approve of Cool Whip, but like everything we eat, moderation is the key. I used to make all my things from scratch when younger, but age and disabilities have slowed me down. Thanks for your thoughts, Dorothy

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Pies CreamFebruary 18, 2012
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf30775144.tip.html