Homemade Fly Repellent

I want to make my own fly repellent. Please help me. Thank you.

By Teboho from The Great Republic of South Africa

Believe it or not, this really works! Fill a zip lock bag halfway with water. Run a wire clothes hanger through one end at the top and hang it in the room where you need it. We have used this many times out on the deck. The flies will not come near you. Don' t know why it works, it just does.

Juice from a fresh lemon actually repels most flying insects. I live in Florida, where the state bird is either the mosquito or little biting bugs called no-see'ems. Because of health issues and allergies, I have had a lot of difficulty with insect repellents. I am allergic to most of the chemicals (which I don't like using), but I am also allergic to most insect bites. Mosquitoes are attracted to female hormones so makes it difficult to go out of the house. However, I have made a repellent that works 100% for me, and is 100% natural. When we walk the dogs in the evening, I cut a small section from a fresh lemon, dab behind ears, shoulders, elbows, etc. I have not had an insect bite since April of this year. Also softens the skin. And I use it on my grandchildren with 100% success.