Baking Powder For Glowing Skin

One should use baking powder on their face for a glow. After that, there is no need to do a facial, this will automatically give you a facial look.

By Suman from New Delhi

Editor's Note: I have never heard this one, has anyone else?

By roxann (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I have been using baking soda as a facial and body scrub since this December. Someone on television said that Queen Latifah used it and she has beautiful skin as she models for Cover Girl cosmetics! I pour a small amount in the palm of my hand and mix it with water while I am in the shower. Rub gently on your face and neck and a little firmer on your arms, hands and chest. Rinse well. You can use it all over and is great before you apply self tanner.

By (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Baking powder acts like a exfoliator, daily light exfoliating then moisturising leaves skin fresh and free of dead skin cells. Make up stays on longer, moisturisers work better.

By (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I have done this! It gives you a glow because it works as an exfoliator for skin! After mixing baking soda with water gently massage it through your face and wash it off after 5 min, then use apple cider vinegar with water and put it on for 10 min and wash it off.

You'll see a good result in six days. It'll fade away your dark spots and dead skin.

By Sally Reed (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I have been using baking soda as a scrub for awhile now and it works very well! there are several methods in which you can use it for your face. An exfoliator/mask: 3 parts baking soda 1 part water....you want it to become quite thick like a paste. Apply it to your face leave on until it hardens and wipe it off. DO NOT scrub off as it will aggravate your face!
Or mix it with your daily cleanser in your palm and make a milder scrub...as the first option is very abrasive, and can sting sensitive skin! After either method make sure to add moistener or aloe vera or your skin can become very dry.

By erin (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I used baking POWDER. People will argue to use SODA, but its the same thing.

It will sting, this is because it's a cleaning agent and its scrubbing out your skin and minimizing your pores.

Just mix water and powder until you get a medium textured paste, plaster your face in it until covered, leave for 10-15 minutes and wash off in warm water, use as often as you want. Softens skin, decreases pore size, and clears skin of pimples and blackheads. :)
xx

Editor's Note: Actually they are different. Baking Soda is bicarbonate of soda. Baking Power contains baking soda, Sodium aluminum sulfate, cornstarch, calcium sulfate, and calcium acid phosphate.

By Jay (Guest Post)
Top Comment

I use baking powder as an exfoliating cleanser for my face. I mix baking powder & salt as a scrub. It works well for me, my complexion is not even and it seems to help balance it out.

I also have eczema and it seems to help me keep it under control. I even use it on those that break out on my neck and it keeps in under control. It works for me.

By Valerie (Guest Post)

I recently heard a beauty tip of using baking SODA for "glowing skin." Just mix a bit of baking soda in the palm of your hand with your regular facial cleanser and wash and rinse as usual. It gently sloughs off dead skin and leaves your face feeling very smooth.

I have never heard of this either. How is it used? Do you use this as a facial cleanser, or maybe make a paste and use as a mask? Please reply. I would love to try it. Thank You!

By mary (Guest Post)

This would work as a facial scrub - it is abrasive. I would advise that if one has very delicate skin (some people do), then go easy. I don't know if the sodium has any effect.

(???) It would certainly get any grime off your face, and grime contributes to bacteria which contributes to blemishes. Scrubs should be used only 2-3 x per week. - Mary

baking soda yes but not baking powder.

I've not heard of it either, but it makes sense since you can make baking powder from baking soda. I did use baking soda for a while (my skin is extremely oily). It worked cleaning the oil from my skin, but it was harsh/abrasive for me. I just mixed a little in my hand with some water and used it like a scrub. It exfoliated well.

By (Guest Post)

I have extremely sensitive skin, anyway I have used it, it aggravated my skin. But the next day, my skin would look so much better and glowing, so use it.

Even if you have sensitive skin and it reddens it, wait for the next day. You'll see the results!

By marialli (Guest Post)

Why can't we use baking powder? What is the difference?

Editor's Note: Baking powder includes baking soda as one of its ingredients. The other ingredients are usually Cream of Tartar and cornstarch, or another kind of starch.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes FaceNovember 2, 2008
💘
🍀