Ice MachinesAppliances

Repairing an Amana Ice Maker

I have an Amana French door refrigerator. It is fairly new and the water line was just hooked up by a water tech. Water flows out of water spout from the door nice and cold, but there are no ice cubes being produced/made. Why?

By bill from Indianapolis, IN

Could be that they are frozen in the chute where they slide out. Stick a long knife thru the opening and break up any frozen clumps.

The automatic ice-maker in my Amana refrigerator is not working. It seems to cycle, but no ice is made. The forecast here is for lower 90s through the weekend. I miss my ice!

By Deb from Columbia, SC

My Amana ice maker is freezing up cubes in the bin. How can I repair it?

By j basile

Answers:

Repairing an Amana Ice Maker

I just had the same thing happen to me. I thoroughly cleaned the condenser coils under the bottom of the refrigerator and made sure the freezer setting was on the mid-range setting (#4 on my freezer of 1 to 7 range). Don't forget to check the refrigerator setting as well. This solved the problem and within 24 hours, it was back to working like the day I bought it! (it's 9 yrs old) (07/16/2010)

By Joan