ElectricityConservation

CFL Bulbs Won't Work in Older 5th Wheel Camper

We have a 1977 Golden Nugget 5th wheel camper. I want to put CFL bulbs in it, but when I do, they do not work. Regular light bulbs work fine. I have tried a few different brands and had the same results. It is strange that they do not work, because we have a 1962 trailer that we live in and the CFL's work just fine in the old fixtures. Any ideas why they don't work in the camper?

Thanks.

By Misty from Wooster, OH

I found out the problem... we tried the regular light bulbs in the sockets and they did not work either. My husband and I was dumbfounded. But when he looked at a regular bulb and the one bulb that is working, he found the difference. The bulbs that work are 12 volts (not 120/130 volts as regular light bulbs are). I have not been able to find a place that sells them yet, but I will find them sooner or later. Until then, I bought florescent light strips.
Hopefully this will help someone else that has this problem.
Misty