TipsComputers

Keeping MS Word Formatting Box Out of the Way

In MS Word, when I am typing a document and the formatting is getting in the way, I'd like to turn it off - but I would still like to be able to change the font and add bold - how do I do this? This comes into play when I download a recipe and want to make changes or add notes to a section with bullets.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

When I first looked at your post, I thought you meant the annoying auto-correct feature which you can turn off using the Tools, Auto Correct or Options. Click boxes that have check marks where you don't want corrections made automatically.

If you want to add notes to a section that already has bullets and you don't want anymore, hit enter twice to stop the bullets. OR go to the bullets section and click the picture that says None.

By Tina (Guest Post)

Hi
Type what you want first and then by using the keyboard hold down shift key + arrow (go back over)to outline what you want bolding/italicizing, etc. Once highlighted press ctrl + B, (bold), ctrl + u, (underline) and/or ctrl + i ( italics), got to the end of the word(s) and carry on normal typing.

Hope this helps.