The Post Office Lost My Package

I sent 2.5 oz of pure .9999 gold in a cash4gold envelop. It had delivery conformation on it, and I told the postal employee that I did not feel comfortable dropping it in a mail box. I told the clerk that it was $4,000 worth of gold and he offered me insurance that I could not afford at the time.

The tracking number shows that the package was accepted at the Woburn, MA facility on August 30th at 10:49 am and that is the last update. The worst thing is the gold is my father in-law's. What can I do? I started a claim and that doesn't sound too promising at this point.

By Sam

I am so sorry to hear that. Looks like you are not alone. You might check out this article below. I have seen several stories on the news about various cash for gold sites and how they rip you off.. even if you do end up getting your money you are grossly underpaid.

http://consumer  ld-employee.html

http://www.wptv  lost-in-mail.%22

http://www.comp  thing=Everything

I saw another article that said Cash4Gold was trying to clean up their image and was approaching online complaints on how they could make it right.

So post your story on any review site/complaint board. At the very least you will warn others to stay away from these places. Good Luck to you~

My daughter is away at school and recently her mail and packages stopped coming. She called the 800 number for the USPS in her city and they began an investigation and gave her a case number. One of the packages that I mailed her two weeks earlier finally showed up after she made the phone call, so obviously it did some good to call. I would highly recommend doing this. It certainly can't hurt anything and the package may turn up.

Hi, you may get some help if you call the Postal Inspection Service. They do investigate things like this.

Good luck.
(Always insure or do not mail!)

Have him go to the post office where it was delivered. It is possible that the envelope was damaged and the contents were separated. Being that it was gold it's possible that it was taken by an employee, janitor, etc. But most post offices keep envelopes and boxes full of damaged mail and its contents. A few months ago I received an empty envelope and when I went to the post office, they were able to find most of the contents. You might also fill out a police report, though I don't know if it would do any good.