Tuna Salad without Mayo

Anyone have recipes for tuna salad WITHOUT mayo? I like tuna salad, but would like to try different versions without the fat/calories of mayo.

Thank you to all!
Monnat96 from Pingree Grove, IL

Best Answer

I make a dressing using no fat plain yogurt, no fat sour cream (about 1/2 of each) and a tablespoon or two (to taste) of no fat mayo or salad dressing (Miracle Whip makes a good no fat version). Just mix it up and add garlic powder and dried dill weed. Yum. this is also good as a vegetable dip, and with tuna and salmon patties. You don't have to be exact with your measurements, or with your ingredients. I have made it sans sour cream if I did not have any.

Best Answer

I make tuna salad with spicy brown mustard instead of mayo. You could also use regular mustard. Make the tuna salad the same way you do with mayo but just substitute mustard instead. It's very good!

Best Answer

My father uses a light vinegrette dressing on his.

Best Answer

I like tuna with really chunky fresh salsa, pepper, onion flakes and parsley. It sounds kind of weird, but it's wonderful. I like to use tortilla chips to scoop this up, but you could put it on bread, pita, tortilla, crackers, etc.

Best Answer

I make tuna Salad with this salad dressing: 1 TB of tahini, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 fresh squeezed lemon zest, a sprinkle of black pepper, and 1 TB or 2 of Bragg's Liquid Aminos (but soy sauce could work). I'm also guessing on the amounts I just throw stuff in a small bowl to mix before I add it to the Tuna. Hope you enjoy it.

Best Answer

I used 2 tbsp sour cream, 1 tbsp ranch dressing, 1 tbsp relish, some spicy brown mustard and some hot pepper. It was great

Try using 1/2 mayo and 1/2 mustard; or try mixing tuna with plain lowfat yogurt.

I've even used ranch dressing! It was yummy!

I use pickle juice. You can also use just a few teaspoons of water....anything that will make it spreadable. If you add celery or onions or something crunchy, you can hardly tell there's no mayo.

Chop up an avocado with it.

Mix in cream cheese and cocktail sauce to taste, plus a little bit of dehydrated onion flakes and parsley. This makes more of a spread and is very good on crackers.

www.rachaelray.com has recipes for tuna salad without mayo. She uses evoo instead.

My husband puts mustard on the bread, then puts tuna on bread. Very good.

My husband and I don't care for Mayo so we make ours like this- it's pretty low calorie also. We mix the proportions however we wish, but it is something like this:

1 can tuna, drained

2 Tbsp. mustard

2 Tbsp. dill relish

You can make it moister or more dry as your taste prefers.

Good luck in your recipe search.

I've been dieting lately and am enjoying rigatoni pasta with tuna and fresh vegetables. I don't measure the amounts but I start with a couple of hand fulls of rigatoni. Boil them in salt water until al-dente. Mix in a can of water packed tuna, some cut up summer squash, peas or broccoli, a few cocktail pickled onions halved, and a splash of good olive oil. Using the rigatoni I found I don't need a lot of pasta to give me that full feeling.

Other fresh vegetables good for substituting can be sliced carrots, zuccini, or what ever you have on hand or like. The peas I do blanch and canned beans or garbanzo beans would work well also. A good quality of olive oil is a tasty substitute for mayonaise. I've been taking variations of the salad to work for lunch a couple of times a week and it's so much better than most fast food lunches I used to eat. Plus it has the health advantage of using raw vegetables instead of cooked.