Keep Frozen Bread Dough on Hand

Keep frozen bread dough on hand to save time. You can substitute the thawed dough for just about any yeast bread recipe. I use it for pizza dough (just thaw and roll), sweet rolls, roll out thawed dough,spread with butter sprinkle with brown or white sugar, cinnamon, nuts and raisins. Roll like jelly roll, slice and place in buttered pan that has been sprinkled with brown sugar. Let rise and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. Super easy and great for the holidays. You can also spread with cherry pie filling, roll and cut, place in greased pan. But when they are done drizzle with a confectioner sugar glaze. Yum!

You can use the dough for homemade herb bread, just roll thawed dough into a rectangle, spread with butter or margarine, sprinkle with your favorite herbs, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Roll up as for bread, and bake in a greased pan let rise about 30 minutes or so and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.

You can make stromboli, calzones (spread ricotta cheese, then sliced ham, then pepperoni, fold in half and seal edges. I spray Pam on top sprinkle with garlic powder and bake. We dip it in spaghetti sauce, ohhhh, yum, its so good and SO much cheaper then eating out.

By Carol

I like this idea and tried it to make Pizza dough I couldn't get the dough to roll out is there a secret to this.

Liz

It has to be room temp. What I do is pick it up and stretch it then roll.

Thank you for the inspiration. :-)

I too have a problem with shaping the dough for pizza. Mine comes up like a big sponge even though I think its rolled thinly. Many thanks Helen xx