Hermit Crab (Shore Acres State Park, OR)

One of my absolute favorite critters to find in tide pools are active hermit crabs! These little guys are so much fun! I love the way they skitter sideways with their long eyeballs popping out from under their shell!

This little guy was really fun for me! My husband and I were exploring a less-than-lightly traveled shoreline filled with tide pools when I found this pretty blue shell with one of the cutest hermit crabs I'd ever seen residing inside! I picked him up and put him towards the top of the rock he'd been hiding under. Immediately, he began scrambling back towards the watery deep, and his home.

Each time he'd get too close to the water for my camera to follow, I'd pick him up and put him on the top of the rock once more, just to have him skitter back down. I played with him like this for several minutes before finally allowing him to scramble his way back beneath the rock and out of sight.

I feel sorry for the poor little thing for having to deal with me, but I doubt God would've put him there if he couldn't handle it. ;) Either way, I had a blast and the little hermit lived to see another day. Thanks for the cool experience, God! May all of you have a blessed week!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR