WildlifePhotos

Hermit Crab (Shore Acres State Park, OR)

My husband and I frequently travel to the beach to look at the tide pools since this in one of my absolute favorite things to do. On one such trip, we were hiking the trails of Shore Acres State Park. I'd actually never been past the beach they have there before this day. Upon finding that out (he'd never traveled past the beach, either), my husband led us across the rickety bridge and up into the woods.

From here, there were amazing views of the ocean and horizon. You could even see the whale-watching center located in the entrance of the park. The waves that day were AMAZING! So high that even on top of the cliffs we were standing on, we'd get splashed every once in a while.

After a while, we found an area safe enough to shimmy down to a small, rocky area and watch the waves from a closer distance. While down there, my attention eventually turned to the little critters you could see skittering to and fro. When I got home and saw the picture of this hermit crab, I couldn't believe it. His face looks so weird. Cute, but weird just the same. I definitely wanted to share it with you all and even get your take on it. Can you believe this little guy? Just another of God's wonders!

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR