Polar Fleece Blankets As Sheets

I live in Adelaide, South Australia. The winters here get cold (no snow) but houses here do NOT have any form of central heating.

Instead of using electric blankets (dangerous with children jumping on bed), we use polar fleece blankets as sheets. They are cheap, feel warm as soon as you jump into bed and dry very quickly after washing. I find it easiest to use a queen size for each child as we have 4 children). Fold the blanket in half to make a sleeping bag type of arrangement and the children sleep very well. So do my husband and I.

By Anne S.

Oh this sounds cuddly. I use flannel sheets in winter and love them.
We got about 4 yards of very wide fleece from WalMart on close out one year. Mom was going to make pants out of it. I suggested that she make gowns instead and we Love them. They are so cuddly we don't want to get dressed and sometimes when we're sick we leave them on til we have to clean up and go somewhere.

She has just recently added a bit of other cuddly material onto the sleeves to gather them up with elastic . This nice too as the fleece is a bit too bulky for an elastic casing.

Tip for those of us who still line dry, hang fleece inside out, it dries lots faster. I generally give ours a little finish off in the dryer for a few minutes.

We have lots of it in sweats and jackets which I suppose will be in use soon.