Fitted Bed Sheets

Make fitted bed sheets. That's right! Last week I was going through my sheets and found I had more king sheets than queens. I didn't really need the extra kings so I decided to cut down the king fitted sheets and make queen fitted sheets.

Sound silly? Not really. Just measure the width of the queen bed and make a wide seam down the middle of the king fitted and cut off excess (if you want to). This leaves the corners intact and worked very well for me. We live in the country and getting to the mall is a big deal. For what it's worth, it may work for you also.

Happy Sewing!

It sounds like a good idea to me! Thanks for sharing, Dorothy

Anonymous

I do something similar that does not require any sewing. I fit the one side of the fitted sheet to the bed and then tuck all the excess under the mattress on the other side. Seems to hold very well.