ClothingCrafts

Ideas for Using Old Polo Shirts

We've been cleaning out lately and getting rid of stuff we no longer need. My husband has several disreputable pique polo shirts that should no longer been seen in public and I'm looking for uses for them before they wind up in the trash.

Kathleen from Starkville, MS

Cut them up and use them for dusting, cleaning rags or changing the oil in your vehicle.

I have heard that when you donate them, if it is not good enough to sell. it is put in the rag bin and then recycled into other things. I work at Walmart, and when we stopped wearing our smocks, they went to the rag bin and where used to make other things.

If you're a seamstress, cut the collars off and use them as cuffs on long sleeved shirts or jackets.

I make night gowns with old T shirts,cut the hem off 1 of them then cut the others off under the sleeves,sew them together,you'll enjoy sleeping in it,very soft,make it as long as you like.
Kathleen,Dothan Al

Cut the shirts into strips, connect together and crochet a rug or carry all bag.

Donate them to the animal shelters so they can use as rags.

Zig

Cut them straight across under the arms. And make Throw pillows, you can do this with Sweaters also.

We're cleaning things out and washing walls too. We didn't have time in the summer, so we're doing it now and plan to have a big yard sale in the spring. I cut some cotton shirts up for rags (We've completely quit using paper towels) and cut the rest in strips to crochet rag rugs. I also make small squares, stack them in a container with a lid and pour diluted fabric softener over them to make my own dryer sheets. In another container, I pour diluted cleaning solution over them to do quick touch-ups in the bathroom, kitchen, etc. If you have a infant, you can use them for baby wipes too. These can be washed and re-used or tossed. I donate some of the really nice shirts, since I figure someone can use them.