FlowersGardening

Transferring Sunflower Seedlings Outdoors

My daughter and I have started sunflower seeds indoors. They are now about 5 in. or so and I was going to plant them outdoors. I have a few questions though. It is supposed to be raining on and off till next Thursday and I am not sure if the seedlings can handle that much rain.

Will they all drown if I plant them now or should I wait? And where would be the best place to plant them? Direct sun or where they can receive sun and shade? I really don't want to kill them since my daughter and I started them together!

Hardiness Zone: 7b

April from Demorest, Ga

It is good to transplant bedding plants on a rainy day. It helps them adapt to the change. They certainly won't drown unless you plant them in a swamp. Sunflowers like a lot of sun, so plant them in a location in your garden where they will get as much sun as possible.