FurnitureFurniture

Maintaining a White Microfiber Sofa

I recently ordered, and cannot cancel, a white microfiber sofa set - what was I thinking, right? But you live once, anyway, it hasn't been delivered yet, but it's giving me nightmares about how to maintain it, specially with a white color. Any tips to soothe my nerves?

Shibk from NYC

You could get/make a slipcover for it, I do that in the summer for mine. Even though it is a brown/green, every bit of dog hair shows up! And I allow popcorn on it, so we have to do something! Microfiber, even white is surprisingly easy to clean! Just make a rule not to eat anything messy/sticky on the couch. I vacuum mine and it looks like new.

I agree w/the other post. My husband is as messy as a two year old!!!! I have to cover everything and I do so w/slip covers. Another inexpensive way to protect my furniture by using remants of cloth that cover just the seat cushions. I use flat sheets too and tuck them around the cushions. I then use accent pillows to pull it all together. It must work, because my friends think my house looks very nice. I also have three dogs to I am really creative about protecting my furniture.

obviously don't eat any food or drink on it. the saleswoman at bloomies told me, "no new blue jeans, don't read a newspaper and don't let anybody put their greasy hair on the fabric." lol, i still bought them!
i covered one with a sheet in the den and had the other two in the livingroom covered with some very expensive fabric after years of not being able to relax.
white is stunning but most impractical.

Yes my friend had a white couch and her sister
came over on a HOT day and was sweating and her
new blue jeans faded on couch...ewwww...
I have a tan microfiber and my dogs a Jack Russell
and a Yorkie are up on them and they clean fine
and the dogs jump around like little wild banshees

and the couches still look new.
Good Luck.

Thanks a bunch for all the words of wisdom. Another thing..do u guys think its wise to get professionals to come and "scotch guard" the sofas?