Use Chewing Gum to Calm Stomach

If you do not mind chewing gum, chew it when your stomach is a bit queasy or upset. I recommend a mint type of gum, not the fruity type. I have been doing this for many years and it has always helped me.

My daughter in law would chew gum when she felt a bit unwell while pregnant and it helped her.

I recently read that doctors recommend this to patients who had any type of digestive surgery.

As with everything, what works for one may not work for others. It is worth a try, especially when your stomach is a bit upset.

I recommend Stride gum. It has a good flavor and lasts a long time. It is also good for blowing bubbles. My young grandchildren are amazed and stare when I blow bubbles. I make it a point to chew gum when I see them.

By mkymlp from NE PA

Back in the '50's I was a kid who got carsick easily, even on short rides. My mom always kept a pack of Beeman's gum in her purse and would give me a stick when I started to complain about feeling sick. Most of the time if I got the gum it did seem to take the edge off the queasiness so I could finish the trip without disaster! I often wondered if Beeman's gum (which is hard to find these days) was the best for this purpose. Mom swore by it!

Mint is supposed to be calming to the stomach and I do this too. Also sucking on a lemon drop can be calming to the stomach. This I came across when reading remedies for morning sickness.

Anonymous

Makes a lot of sense to me because, besides the flavoring, it gets your saliva juices flowing which aids in moving things along ;-)

Hey you can still get Beeman's gum (and Blackjack, Teaberry, Clove, Chicklets and Dentyne) in 20 pack cases for about a dollar apiece plus shipping from this link (it's where I purchase mine) :

http://www.verm … :100:1020:100790
Be sure to check out their other specialty items ;-)

Also use ginger, either candied or fresh ginger. Candied ginger is good to use for slight nausea, while fresh ginger, sliced 1/4" thick, is fiery, but tames the tummy if you don't need the sugar.