Product FinderConsumer Advice

Shopping for Clip-on Stirrups to Keep Pants Inside Boots

I need your help. Years ago (the 80s or so) there were these things for sale that helped straight leg pants stay securely tucked in your boots. They were black elastic, about 6 inches long and they had a metal clamp on each end that hooked to the bottom of your pants. The elastic went under the foot like a stirrup. I forget what they were called, but it's the same principle as the corner holders for bedsheets (those don't work for this, I tried).

Has anyone seen them lately or know that they are called so I can do a search? Please help, when my jeans ride up inside my boots and it's driving me crazy. Thank you all!

By Sandy from Pittsburgh

I think I remember those. But I don't remember what they were called. If I remember correctly, the clips were like what is used for suspenders. Could you modify a pair of suspenders?

I think I found them:
http://www.jeanstraps.com/
-or-
http://www.prai  sults.asp?Cat=77

Could you try making a pair for yourself? That's what I usually do, when I can't find something that I need. Sorry I can't be of more help!

They were called pants clips, and I don't believe they are sold anymore, In places that sell bedding, I have seen clips for holding sheets on the mattress, and I have seen and bought clips to hold the cover on the ironing board. Perhaps you may be able to find some of these.

To make your own, try taking 2 large safety pins per leg and a strip of wide(1.5 or 2 inches) elastic, pin one end to the out side of the jeans leg, and then put the elastic under your foot, and pin to the inner jeans leg, Cut the elastic to that length and repeat for the other leg. This will work temporarily.

Try a bike or motorcycle accessory shop, they may carry them. I know several bike riders that wear them.

No not the motorcycle shops. That's a different thing. I'm looking for the same thing. I used them when I was a kid too. You're in Pittsburgh? check out: http://www.jean  buy-jean-straps/
Click around and it says that Zipper Blues in Pittsburgh carries them. (Try finding them in San Diego!)
Good luck!

U can get them at Walmart. U wear them

They were called SUSPANTERS (not sure if they're still made).

Hello yall. The item your referring to are called Sus-Panters vs suspenders.

I found a box of them just YESTERDAY at a yard sale.

Anonymous

They were called suspanters & I can't find them either. I know what ur talking about with the sheet securers. I may use those with suspended ends & make my own. I Hope I've cured ur craziness by identifying the name of them for u