How Do I Use a Stove Top Convection Oven?

I was recently cleaning my mom's cabinets and found a new stove top convection oven. Most of the directions are missing. What all can you do with this oven (for example can you bake)? I have a Nu-Wave Oven and you can do most anything with it, but I don't know a thing about this type of oven. If anyone can help, please do.

If you can bake and you have a good recipe, I would love to have something to try. My mom loves for me to cook her new types of things she has not tried, she has found out that frying is not the only way to cook, and is loving it. Thanks.

By Kathy from Bassett, VA

A convection oven circulates the heat in a manner that cooking time is reduced greatly (25-30%), and your meats tend to come out juicier because of the reduced time. You can bake, roast or cook in your convectioin oven. It is said you can cook or bake at the same temp. as in a conventional oven, but for less time (probably cut by 25% or so).

You can also cook for the same amount of time, though cut the temp. by 25 degrees. You can also reduce both temp and time. I think that you need to experiment to see what works best in this oven. You can find convection oven recipes here:
www.cooks.com/.../0,1-0,convection_oven_cooking_times...

Google the brand name and model. If it is still being manufactured (and probably even if it isn't), you'll be able to download the original instruction manual.

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceFebruary 11, 2011
💘
🍀