NutritionHealth & Beauty

The State of Your Fridge

I've heard that the "state of your fridge, is the state of your body" from dietitians on television and I've always tried to keep my fridge neat and free of junk food. Whenever I straightened things out, I noticed I was throwing out a lot of fruits and vegetables. Opening the fridge meant I'd see things like processed cheeses and meats, a few cans of pop, high fat condiments and so on. This is what we would all grab for snacks or quick lunches.

I cleaned out my crispers and put all my fruits and veggies on the top shelf, this way, that is the first thing you see and you are more apt to grab an apple or pear. My crispers now hold lunch meats, baking supplies, cheeses and so on. We have increased our fruit/veggie consumption ten times over and I'm not throwing anything away!

By tracy from Matheson, ON