Making Your Own Cheese

Has anyone here made their own cheeses? I found a bunch of various make it yourself cheese recipes on line that seem simple, but I have never tried any of them yet. Have any of you? If so which ones did you try and what recipes do you recommend?

By katrina from Medford, OR

You can make cottage cheese by bringing skim milk to a simmer, then remove from heat and add one tablespoon vinegar right away. It will curdle. Then leave to drain through several layers of cheese cloth. But in a bowl, add a little cream and salt and chill. It is delicious.

Thanks! I am going to try this! By the way, I got an email from motherearthnews.com today offering numerous books at sale prices: and I got the Cheesemaking at home book! I am so excited! even with S&H it was cheaper than the other site offering it!

Food and Recipes Recipes DairyOctober 18, 2010
😎
🐛
🌻
📓