Virginia Wolf (Bengal)

Let me introduce you to our newest family member. Her name is 'Virginia Wolf' and we got her from our local humane society. She was taken from a breeder where she and 30 other Bengal's were living under deplorable conditions. She has been with us for a week and so far (among other things) she has knocked over our 32 inch flat screen TV. So, today we went TV hunting and yes we are keeping the cat. :O) Our house now looks like a recycling place as we have aluminum foil everywhere to deter her from any more of these shenanigans. 'Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf?' I wonder?

By Joanne from Fond du Lac, WI

LOL, she does have that crazed looked in her eyes. Good luck with her :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Bless you for rescuing her, and for keeping her after the TV knock-down:)

Our foster cat (we're keeping him until his furever family is ready for him) has trained us to fasten the TV to the wall unit-he is an explorer too, LOL! We used a strap that came with the TV, handy thing, but if yours doesn't come with the strap I'm sure you can find something at any of the electronics stores to retro-fit the new telly safely.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Those very messes they get into now, just prove how healthy and young they are. When they get older you realize how energetic they used to be.

It is always something the way pets have their own things to do and keep themselves occupied with. Just last week, I decided to do a manners lesson at the front door for my dogs so they would not rush past me when I went to open the door. I would just turn around and look at them and walk towards them and back them up. I would tell them it is not nice to be pushy.

My other dog, Bruno, seems to get into a panic when he wants to come in.

If I don't get there in time, he will scratch the weather stripping off of the door. I keep a roll of adhesive weather stripping by the door. He is an adolescent and I expect him to act out a little and he might be kind of a little slow to learn some things. He is the one that heels naturally and would not hurt a fly.

I don't know what I would do without my pets!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I don't know if this would help but I trained all my kitties with a spray bottle of water. They don't scratch the furniture or get on kitchen cabinets. Maybe I was just lucky lol.
Pat

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Gosh...I usually get to these newsletters sooner. Do look at a couple of websites on Bengal cats. They are a little different and very active. Many Bengal owners have Bengal Wheels. they are like hamster wheels. the Bengals are better buddies when they can burn off some of that energy.

It appears to be essential for many of them. In any case you sound like a patient person and will love your Bengal. Oh, they love to walk on a leash. Walking your cat down the sidewalk is a kick.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Here is Virginia Wolff, a 5 year old Bengal, we got from the humane society. She likes to tear around the house like crazy. This is Virginia Woolf's reaction when I told her we might get her a playmate from the humane society.

By Joanne from Fond du Lac,WI

Virgina Wolf (Bengal House Cat)

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 14

Pets Pet PagesFebruary 25, 2012
🎃
🌻
🎂
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf34542472.tip.html