Get a Cold Drink Right After You Flush the Toilet

In this hot weather, do you hate wasting water by having to run it so long before it gets cold enough to drink? This sounds a little strange but if you will try a minute or so after someone has flushed the toilet, your kitchen faucet will produce cold water almost immediately. The flushing process gets it running through the pipes much faster and you don't have to wait so long for it to cool off.

Try it, it works!

By Patricia from Imperial, NE

Just remember to get a drink of water from the kitchen faucet and not the toilet bowl. Leave that for your cat or dog.

Anonymous

You have a good idea if it works for you but didn't work in my apartment so must depend on the individual plumbing setup/system ... Hope no one flushes the toilet (wasting gallons of water) just for a cold drink when you can simply place a glass of water in the fridge for a few minutes ...

Now, if only that would work in an apartment house.

Good thinking, Patricia.

While you are filling your drinking glass, also fill some empty commercial water bottles. Stuff them in your refrigerator and you'll have a cold drink available without having to wait for the toilet to be used.

You also won't fritter away good money on purchased water. Which is almost as huge a waste of money as would be when buying bottles of soda.

I also keep a gallon milk jug under my sink. When I am running the water and waiting for either hot or cold, I fill the gallon jug. I either use it on my plants, birdbaths, dogs water, or simply pull up the stopper and put it in the bath tub. Later I can use to for bath water. I never waste water.