Substitutions When You Don't Have The Right Sized Baking Dish
Most of us keep ingredient alternatives or substitutions for those occasions we may not have enough of a certain ingredient, but another equally important list I keep is a pan substitution list that is practical.
- If a recipe calls for one 8x4x2 inch loaf pan, substitute two 5-1/2x3-1/4 inch loaf pans.
- One 9 inch round cake pan = one 8 inch square pan.
- Two 9 round cake pans = three 8 inch round cake pans.
- One 12-cup fluted tube pan = one 10 inch tube pan OR two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- One 13x9x2 inch pan = two 9 inch round cake pans.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!