Homemade Reed Diffusers

How do you make reed diffusers at home? I love them but they can be expensive for the whole house.

Linda from Lewes, DE

I take a pretty bottle and add a few drops of perfume oil and some water. For the reeds: I buy wood skewers and clip the pointed ends off. I have the scents I love and each diffuser costs less than 50 cents.

Wow, Linda! You must have read my mind ... lol I was thinking that I wanted to find a way to make my own reed diffuser today. Here's is a site that I found: http://www.bigb … ed-diffuser.html I hope it works for you. Now, where to find reeds in the Netherlands....lol (for me)

http://www.sfherb.com/ This is a wonderful store that sells almost everything you need to make reed diffusers (reeds, essential oils, carrier oils, etc.). They also sell ingredients for potpourrie & other things & even supply the recipes. I love their spices & nuts. The walnuts are halves, not little pieces & are the freshest.

I buy small jars at the dollar store, nice smelling liquid pot-pourri and cut the pointed end off bamboo skewers. If you need to fill in the top so it's not so open, use a cork and either poke the skewers through or cut a large hole in the middle. Costs about 1/8th of the packaged diffusers and you can use any "flavor" of liquid.