Homemade Ear Cleaning Solution

contest winner icon

I am a professional pet groomer, I hated spending so much money on ear cleaning solution. I researched a lot and came up with my own mix and it works great. Not only does it save me a lot of money, but I know all the ingredients it has in it.

I use an old ear cleaning solution bottle and mix 2 parts water, 1 part rubbing alcohol, and 1 part white vinegar. For example, if you want to make one cup of this solution, mix 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol, and 1/4 cup white vinegar. Try it and you'll never waste money on store bought solution again!

Source: Online research and trials.

By Stacey from GA

I have 4 cats and this will come in handy. It also would have saved me a lot of money on my dog.

I have used Tea Tree oil in my cats ears. Put in a few drops and rub the base of their ears. They don't like it, but it sure does the job getting the dirty loose. Then you can gently wipe out their ears with a tissue.