A lovely, tossed salad with fruit and crunchy toasted almonds. This recipe is healthy, tastes great, and isn't high on calories.
- 1 bowl of lettuce, (head, romaine, spinach, or a combination)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1 can mandarins, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered, sliced or chopped almonds
- 1/2 - 1 tsp butter or margarine
- poppy seed dressing (low cal or regular)
- Prepare lettuce. Add the fruit and feta cheese.
- Heat almonds in butter in a small frying pan (stirring frequently) on medium until lightly browned, then spread to cool on a paper towel. Caution: Keep an eye when heating the almonds, they burn easily.
- Add dressing, toss all together, and enjoy.
By Ann from Goulais River, Ontario