Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Colors for Room with Red Sofa

I have a red sofa and red curtains. What color wall paint would go with my sofa and curtains?

By Jisha

You will have to use a neutral color for the walls. Something like ivory, beige, taupe, grey, etc. Or else use a color wheel to determine what colors you like with it.

I agree and would consider gold metallic for an accent with ivory or taupe. Silver would work with gray. With that much red, you need a small amount of high contrast accent color which can be changed easily as you wish or with the seasons.

I like Benjamin Moore's desert tan, has a little more yellow than a beige or ivory and is nice with red.

Maybe a cream, or, depending on your personality you could have black, hope this helps. :)

Hello

I'm a believer that color is a representation of you, your style & your personality. Also take into consideration the size of the room, the natural lighting in that area, as well as how tall your ceilings are.

Then consider what is your focal point is. Fruit always inspires me and when I think of red...I think Watermelon. Watermelon has that deep raspberry red with specks of black, surrounded by an aura of off white, pale yellow & green
Whatever you choose good Luck with your painting~~~~

If you are not afraid of bold colors, a deep mustard-yellow for the walls with cream or white trim, and black accent pieces.

You don't say where you are from but from Home Depot they have a paint called "spiced cashew" that is a beautiful a yellow/mustard soft color. It would compliment your couch and drapes beautifuly.
Good luck.

With red, I favour grey or tan.