- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 14-oz. can vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups frozen baby peas-vegetable blend
- 2 pita bread rounds, cut into wedges (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- Fresh cilantro sprigs and crushed red pepper (optional)
Heat broiler. In Dutch oven combine cauliflower, coconut milk, broth, curry powder, and the 1/4 cup cilantro. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Stir in frozen vegetable blend. Cook, uncovered, until heated through. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Meanwhile, place pita wedges on baking sheet. Brush both sides with oil. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon curry powder. Broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for 4 minutes, turning once, until golden. Serve soup with pita wedges. Sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Source: By Better Homes and Gardens
By LRP from LWL MA