Consumer Advice

Rice Maker Reviews

I want to buy a rice maker and am wondering which brands and models are working well for people. Any advice would be appreciate.

Janet

Any one found a rice maker with a non-aluminum liner?

By daradams (Guest Post)

I sell Pampered Chef and they have a wonderful rice maker in their catalog. It is a new item.

By Cindy in AL (Guest Post)

I vote for the Pampered Chef one. You cook regular rice in the microwave with no mess and it turns out great.

By Cheri (Guest Post)

I found a nice rice cooker plus steamer in one. It's a Panasonic and it has a 10 cup capasity.It will yield 20 cups of rive for $29.96. There is another one Stainless steal rice and steamer, for $28.00. I found these at Wal-mart..Or and outlet stores..K-mart.ect.. Hope this helped. : )

By SNIGDIBBLY (Guest Post)

I BOUGHT A MICROWAVE RICE MAKER FOR LESS THAN $10 AT KMART OVER 10 YEARS AGO - I USE IT OFTEN BECAUSE WE LOVE BASMATI RICE WITH EVERYTHING. IT'S STILL GOING STRONG AND THE RICE ALWAYS TURNS OUT PERFECTLY.

By debbie (Guest Post)

i had 2 salton rice cookers in less than 2 years. they were cheap, less than $30. ea. but they burned out / died in less than a year each. used it about once a week. that $60 could have bought a lot of quick-cook rice or been spent on a good quality heavy-bottomed pot with a tight-fitting lid that would last for a lifetime.) it only takes 30 min.

to cook regular rice (about the same length of time it takes to cook an entree in the oven. also, if you do get one, don't forget to spray it with cooking spray each time before you use it. sometimes the simple ways are the cheapest and the easiest, just not necessarily the best.

By (Guest Post)

I like rice makers. lol