Store Oil in a Squeeze Bottle

I use vegetable oil to prevent messes when I boil pasta, rice, etc. but I hate having to take the cap off the oil bottle to pour it into the boiling water. So I poured some into an old ketchup bottle. Now I just squirt a little whenever I need it, and it's so much easier.

By susan from Elkhart, IN

I tried using the ketsup/mustard squeeze bottles that are red/yellow and for some reason or another I had more of a mess where the bottle sat, than when I used the bottle that the oil came in.

I found an even better solution at The Olive Tap, a specialty oil shop in IL. The link below should take you right to it but if not, google the olive tap, shop on line, accessories, and scroll to Dripless cork and cap pour spout. It's $2.99, plus shipping, yes, but you might think about having more than one and/or gifting.

I found this fits on an ordinary beer bottle and positively does not let your oil drip and make a mess.

Please post feedback if anyone does purchase this, I'd love to hear what you have to say! Here's the link: www.theolivetap.com/.../index.php?productID=484