AdviceGardening

Plant Recommendations for a Hot Sunny Entryway

I have a small entryway that has full length windows on the front, facing the afternoon sun. Does anyone know of plants that could tolerate the extreme heat that the entryway gets? There are two small windows that open, but the heat build up is still very great. Thank you.

By Carly K from MN

I would use petunias. If you snap out the dead ones when they wilt the plant will explode and be quite colorful and fill up a container in no time. I live in the country without any windblock and I use petunias also for that reason.

Thank you for the suggestions! I like petunias, they're so colorful and available in such beautiful varieties.