Served over rice, this delicious dish is loaded with vegetables and skinless chicken breasts, making it a lower fat, lower salt one-dish meal.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, and fat removed, boned, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, about 7 inches long, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (16 oz) whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- to taste black pepper
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken and saute about 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Add zucchini, eggplant, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, basil, parsley, and pepper; stir and continue cooking about 5 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
Yield:4 servings--Serving Size: 1-1/2 cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 66 mg
Sodium: 253 mg
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute