AdviceGardening

Using Blue Mesh For Garden Plants

I have been looking at an excerpt from a book on earthclinic.com. Basically it says that if you form a blue mesh tent out of gauze and put it over a plant, it will help the plant grow. There is also an example of using blue window panes or painting the inside of window panes blue to kill flies. Apparently, the idea of this article is that the color blue, when the sun shines through it, has many restorative properties, including the killing of bugs in the garden and causing plants to be more fruitful.

Here is the link to the page on earthclinic.com that has the excerpt of the book they typed up for us, in the present time, to read:

http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/blue_and_sunlight_therapy.html

I am going to be looking for blue gauze like mesh at Walmart, the kind that you would make a wedding veil out of and I am also going to experiment with this with my plants, possible with blue gift wrapping tissue tented over some of my more reluctant plants.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

The blue "gauze mesh" you are looking for is probably called "tulle." You should be able to find it at any fabric store or online.