Growing Mint in a Pot?

I've tried growing mint in a pot (I live in an apartment) and it doesn't seem to grow. It does okay for a week or so, but then dies. I thought at first I was taking too many leaves from it; I'm not a patient person. What can I do to help the process in a pot?

By TxsRedhead from DFW, TX

Plant food, daily watering, having several pots of mint in your home at various stages of growing. 1 can be the plant you take leaves from because it's ready, and the others can be the various stages of growth, and re-growth, so that you'll always have fresh mint on hand... especially if you're impatient!

Home and Garden Gardening HerbsFebruary 27, 2012
😷
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf37353013.tip.html