Party ThemesParties

Golf Themed Party

My son wants a golf theme party. I need help finding places that sell decorations for that or any useful ideas. I've searched the web and all I can find is plates and napkins. I need things like decorations, pinatas, etc.

Kristen

a really great idea is to make your own pinata- golf ball! all you need is a round ballon , news paper, elmers glue, water and white paint.

I am a teacher and have found that Oriental Trading Company and US Toy have great catalogs full of themed decorations and novelty toys. There are only a few things for golf at Oriental Trading (www.orientaltrading.com) and there are a few more choices at US Toy (www.ustoy.com). These are more like games or novelties. They might give you a start, though, and spark some ideas for you. You may have to ask someone to make you a pinata. Maybe a large white ball that the kids whack with a plastic golf club? Good luck!

for my husband's 30th, I made the golf -themed cake. I made a square cake, icing was green and then darker green for the "tee" and I put a plastic dixie cup into a hole that I scooped out of the cake and threw a golf ball into the cup, I wrote "don't get tee-d off about turning 30" and made a little flag from a dowel rod and some paper and tape. Everyone thought it was so clever. something like that could work. If you use regular cheap golf supplies and green plates, golf tees and plastic balls you could decorate like that, maybe even some indoor/outdoor carpeting for the table that you could reuse as a long rug?

I had a golf theme cake made once but I think it would be easy. They used blue and green icing for the water and greens. Brown sugar was used for the sand trap. How about planting some grass in containers and using that for your decorations on the table. I saw lots of cute uses for this at Easter but should work great for this too. You could place golf balls and tees in the grass. Use score cards for coasters. You could find a golf related can hugger and use these to serve around canned soft drinks.