ShoppingBudget & Finance

Research Before Shopping

Category Shopping

Doing the homework before buying really pays off! Our church is replacing tables in the fellowship hall, and after selecting the brand, style and identifying number, I called all stores within a 30 miles radius to find out if they stock these, if they can order out for us, and ofcourse prices. I was really shocked at the disparity of price quotes. I was able to get the very best deal, the best service and exactly the model we want at a price way less than the others through a smaller company locally.

Because we are a church, and are supporting local business before heading to the big city some 30 miles away, they gave us an additional 10% off and offered to stock an additional 6 tables just in case we need them. How many tables are we talking about? Just a dozen. I let the telephone do the work and I am so very pleased I checked with every business I thought might even remotely carry these tables. It sure paid off handsomely for us!

By Ronsan

We phoned around when going to purchase our new washing machine. If we'd bought one in Las Vegas (we live 1 hour out), we'd have had to pay the store an additional $50.00 just for delivery! But buying it local, not only did we get it cheaper, but got free delivery.