Cat Taking Medication for Kidney Failure Always Hungry

My cat has been on Fortekor 2.5 mg tabs and renal prescription food for the last month for slight kidney failure. Since he has been on this medication he is always hungry and has put on weight, although this can happen on this medication.

He gets the same amount of food as before starting the medication. I am going to ask my vet if he can come off medication and just take the renal food. I have heard Ipakitine powder helps cats with kidney failure. Has anyone experienced this problem and what have you done?

Before being diagnosed with kidney failure he was eating normally and never looking for more food. The only sign was he was drinking water more than normal. Now he drinks normally. He was never thin just about the normal weight.

By Maureen Gaul from UK

Hello,
I am a retired RVT. I worked for a Veterinarian for over 27 years. Can you please ask your Dr. to test for Diabetes and thyroid disease. Good luck.

Pets CatsJune 8, 2010
🐛
😎
🌻
📓