Homemade Dog Bed

How do you make a dog bed?

Julie from Indianapolis, IN

Best Answer

I would add some cedar chips to the stuffing. It is a natural way to repel fleas, and it smells good.

Best Answer

My mom uses a pillow with a blanket on top for her dogs to snuggle in. I don't think dogs want anything fancy, only comfy!

Best Answer

Go to thrift store buy child's sleeping bag sew up end that you would slip into . stuff with old pillows also from thrift store and zip up . When it's time to wash it just zip it off hang to dry out side on line. I have purchased 2 so I always have one between washes. My dog is a very big boy and it fits him perfectly. His bed is along side of mine and keeps him from trying to jump on mine.

Best Answer

Go to a thrift store and buy a fom rubber mattress pad. Cut out a size a little larger than your dog when he is reclined. If he is the right size, a good pillow cover or sham will do for a cover. Velcro the end closed. You can wash the cover, and the foam rubber won't flatten out. This is what I use for my dogs, and it makes a good orthopaedic bed for them.

My miniature poodle is happy on an old blanket.

I have a small dog, and she is very cold natured. I took an old kids sleeping bag and cut it in half. I put velcro across the openings. My dog loves it, she sleeps in it all day,(on the sofa). I made one to take on my travels also.

Go to www.make-and-build-dog-stuff.com for lots of patterns and instructions for making dog beds and other dog things.
I made a modified version of the oval bed pattern by adding a ring around the top and stuffed it as well. It was fun and only cost me for the fiber fill and my husbands old carhart jacket.