Onion Smell in My Apartment

I recently went a BBQ and brought home a hamburger (fully cooked) with some raw onions that I put on top as leftovers. Getting the late night munchies, I microwaved both last night to heat them up and now my whole apartment the minute I step inside the door reeks of onions. I have already sprayed some Febreze in all rooms of the apartment and lit some incense. It's helping a bit but the smell still lingers.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Try placing dishes of vinegar or baking soda around the apartment. Both will remove strong odors.

try out the new air spray thats quite good
charlotte

Thank you Cari and Char ---

Both of your suggestions were great. I tried the baking soda idea (something I already have in the cupboard) and it seems to be working its magic.

Its wonderful to have people offer down-to-earth suggestions that are quite helpful.

Thanks again --- MATT

I hope you don't think this is an ad but in all honesty, I would burn one of my mia bella candles and yes I do sell them. You can check them out at http://www.scentedcandlesclub.com The scent is very strong and it will get rid of any bad smell. I use them all the time when there is a bad smell.

I keep on hand a spray of citrus (lemon or lime)obtained from a beauty supply house, that helps with any kind of smelly odors-- I spray the returns of my heater/air conditioner-- works wonderfly. I also carry it with me when traveling-- musty motel rooms you know-- do the same-- spray the returns-- I love it!--

How strong is it? I retired from CICU (Coronary Intensive Care Unit)-- which was next door to MICU (Medical Intensive Care Unit)-- and I'm sorry to say that they had lots of GI bleeder patients--which you have to experience to believe- the spray helped us tolerate the oder.
good luck

Try cotton balls soaked in vanilla, works wonders - we went camping and crabbin one time, and whole camper, fridge and coolers smelled BAD !!! I put vanilla cotton balls all over camper and in fridge, smell was all gone in a couple of days. Rose

Matt,

You need to get a Vanilla Candle. Light it and it should take all the smells away.

Works for me.

I always use the earlier mentioned suggestion of putting dishes of baking soda and/or vinegar out. They absorb odors. Febreze is great but only for fabrics, not air. An odor neutralizer spray works, like Oust. Candles are great but i think your apartment may smell like onions and candles until you get rid of the onion smell. Last but not least, open windows and use exhaust fans! Good luck.