Refinishing Kitchen Cabinets

I want to re-finish my oak kitchen cabinets which are in good shape. From what I've read here the liquid sandpaper works best for painting over varnish.

What about staining/varnish over varnish? Can I prep my cabinets with liquid sander only? I won't be able to remove my cabinets and take them outside so I'm looking for a method that is less messy than sanding. Thanx.

By Lisa

You can buy all kinds of liquid paint, stain and varnish removers. They are messy but they do work. The largest part of the refinishing process will be the doors, and you can remove them and take them outside to sand. Just be sure as you remove each door to number it and the section it was removed from, so it is easier to get it in the exact right location when you are reattaching them.

The other parts of the cabinets wouldn't be so hard to do a little sanding if necessary after using the stripping stuff.

Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenOctober 29, 2010
🌻
🎂
📓