Save Money on Freezer Bags

To save money on freezer bags, put food (fruit, cookies, whatever you are freezing) in sandwich bags, then put several sandwich bags in one large freezer bag. That way you get the foods separated but don't need a freezer bag for each food item.

Peggy

I use ziplock bags to freeze almost everything. But I first put the item in one of the thin plastic bags that I put my produce in at the grocery store.. I tie it shut or use a twist tie to fasten. Then place in a large freezer Zip Lock bag. Bag like items together. When removing the contents of the ziplock for use, discard the produce bag. When your ziplock is empty, it will still be clean and can be used again. Plus, it cuts down on freezer burn.

By Harlean from Arkansas

Wash out & reuse plastic "ziplock-type" bags (if not used for meat). Fantastic way to save money & the environment!

By Kelly Wakefield

Thanks! Great tip!

Great ideas!

By ANNE (Guest Post)

GREAT IDEA. NEVER THOUGHT OF IT. I ALSO SAVE MY RESEALABLE BAGS LIKE FROM SHREDDED CHEESE,LUNCH MEATS ETC...WASH THEM WELL AND RE USE THEM

Use the insert bags in cereal boxes to add extra protection to your frozen goods. For example, put 2 to 3 individual packages of meat into a cereal bag, for longer keeping. (Do not remove from original packaging) You can add several months to the freezer storage time.

I to reuse the Ziploc freezer bags. If I buy meat (chops steaks etc.) when it's on sale I individually wrap the item in clear plastic wrap & then put several of the same thing in a freezer bag & freeze.

When I need a steak/s or pork chop/s I can remove as many as I need from the Ziploc bag & return the rest to the freezer.