Filling Ziploc Freezer Bags

Category Storage
This is a page about filling Ziploc freezer bags. A large can, with both ends removed, is perfect for holding open a freezer bag while you fill it up. No more slumping bags, means that the outside of the bag stays clean too.

When using ziplock storage bags, fold over the top of the bag. The bag will stand and you will have no trouble putting your leftovers, etc., in the bag. this allows you to keep your two hands free to pour the product into to bag. No mess, no fuss. Works on small, up to large bags.

By Claudia MacKendrick from Hubbard, OH

Doing my 'cook for a day and eat for a month', I knew I was going to have some goopy messes. So today, I did something about it.

I estimate I can put at least 50% more in the shoe boxes I have my food in, and that is a great way to save money on food and electricity. I also save time and that is just about as important.

N-JOY!

1. Taking the top and bottom off a can, I peeled off the label and washed it. Using zipper bags and a marker, I labeled the bags for ease in finding what I want. Then, I inserted it into the bag, but not all the way.
  2. I began scooping the meal into the bag with no mess on the zipper part, or the counter.
  3. When it was full enough to flatten, I zipped 2/3 of the top. It was laid down and "flattened" so the food pushes out the air.
  4. Not letting any food get into the zipper part, I then pushed around the food so it fills almost the whole bag. Once sealed, it can be put in the freezer, frozen, and stored flat.
  5. Advertisement

With the summer months around the corner, we will be filling our freezers with garden vegetables. I want to remind my ThriftyFun friends about using a large can for easily filling Ziploc freezer bags. I use a large tomato can.

A large can being used to fill a freezer bag.

In These Pages
Food and Recipes StorageJuly 9, 2018
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Filling-Ziploc-Freezer-Bags-1.html