Large WildlifePest Control

Keeping Polar Bears out of a Landfill

How can I keep Polar Bears out of a landfill without digging, without any spending money, and without harming or killing the polar bears? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Ron from Canada

Anonymous

I live in Florida so we don't have that problem. lol
I did, however, watch a program about polar bears traveling from thier own habitat into the towns to eat the garbage from landfills because it was easier eating there than actually hunting for their own food.
People create these problems for animals and so many animals are put to death because of it.
The authorities in this case shot the bears with tranquilizer guns, spray painted numbers on them and waited to see if it was random or reoccuring. When it was the same bears, the animal control people tranquilized them again and took them far away from town.

The animal control people said that the mother bear teaches the cubs to feed at the landfills, otherwise, they wouldn't know to do this.
The bears were not only eating at the landfills, they were breaking into homes looking for food so they became very dangerous.
If I were you I would contact animal control. I work at Seaworld and was told by an animal trainer that Polar bears are the only bears that will hunt man for food. They are dangerous and unpredictable.
Good luck!!