Looking for Italian Potato Ball Recipe

I am looking for an Italian recipe that is a mashed potato ball, with things like chopped ham and cheese rolled into it. Then I think, it was fried. I don't know what it's called, but I ate it at an Italian Festival. It was so good!

Ramona from Granby, MA

I saw this demonstrated on Food TV. You could check Food TV.com for a recipe. I forgot who showed it.

Years ago I got a recipe from a girl I worked with (she's Italian) for rice balls that she made. Perhaps this is similar to what you're looking for? They were delicious! When I go home tonight I will look for the recipe and post it - hopefully, I still have it. In the meantime, Google a recipe for Italian Rice Balls... This may be what you're looking for.

It sounds a lot like a Arancini, an Italian rice ball that's traditionaly made with Aborio rice. Aborio has a very creamy texture when cooked, almost like mashed potatoes. Here's the recipes I've used many times, it's just like what I remember growing up with. I usually make this with cheese and I make some with meat. I make a small melon ball size meatball ahead of time and alternate the two in the center.

http://allrecip … cini/Detail.aspx

Can't find the recipe, sorry.

As Stephanie posted, they're call Arancini, and I've bought them at an Italian market here in the Chicago area. It's called Caputo's. Now, I realize you're not in the Chicago area, but you may be able to buy them ready-made in Italian stores. Just a thought....

Good luck!