Independence Day Wreath
Celebrate the 4th of July by showing how patriotic you are with this beautiful easy to make wreath.
Approximate Time: 40 minutes
- 1 foam wreath
- 2 rolls of red, white, and blue ribbon 2.5 inches wide by 3 yards
- pattern for a primitive star or make your own
- red and white paper to cover the star
- cardboard (to mount the star on)
- glue stick
- navy blue ribbon
- computer and printer
- printer paper
- hole punch
- ready made red, white, and blue bow (optional)
- Begin by wrapping the foam wreath with one roll of the red white and blue ribbon. Tape the edges to keep it secure.
- Cut out and cover your star with the glue stick and glue onto cardboard. Cut out the star on the cardboard.
- Punch a hole in the top of one of the star edges. Tie it onto the center of the wreath with a small piece of curling ribbon.
- Find sheet music online with several American songs (America, the Red, White and Blue, etc.). Copy and make them look old by using a paint program (optional). Roll each piece of the sheet music up and tie with the navy blue curling ribbon. Place the tied song sheets around the different sides of the wreath. Put the tied end onto the back of the wreath so it doesn't show.
- Make a bow with the other roll of 2.5 inches of ribbon and add to the bottom of the wreath. You can add a ready made bow if you cannot tie your own. Add a small piece of the navy blue ribbon to the top of the wreath to hand it by.
- Hang the wreath by the ribbon to the front door to show how patriotic you are.
By Glenda from VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide